Close X

Tucson Social Security Disability Blog

If I Get SSI, How Do I Get My CARES Act Relief Check For My Dependants?

Posted by John Kuhnlein | Apr 16, 2020 | 0 Comments

Under the terms of the recently passed CARES act, most Americans are entitled to relief payments from the government.  For those persons getting Social Security retirement or disability benefits need to do nothing more to get their checks.

One Exception

If you receive SSI, have dependents, and have not filed a tax return, there is an additional step. The IRS has set

How You Like The Tax Man Now?

up a website where SSI beneficiaries can register themselves and any eligible dependents. This will ensure that they also get CARES relief checks.

You may find the IRS website here. For more information, click here.

If you are getting SSI benefits and have dependents, I urge you to register with the IRS at once.

About the Author

John Kuhnlein

Since 1992, I have been helping the people of Southern Arizona get the benefits they are due. Before devoting all my efforts to assisting people with Social Security disability claims, I also handled such complex lawsuits as medical malpractice and products liability. I brought to my Social Security cases all the skills and attention to detail that I developed in the courtroom. I approach each Social Security disability case as if it were a million-dollar lawsuit. For the people trying to get Social Security benefits, their claim is every bit as important. Because I have personally handled so many Social Security cases, I have refined the skills I need to win your case for you. I have helped people win cases for every kind of ailment from arthritis to valley fever. At present, I am focused on helping those persons with neurological and orthopedic disorders. Because claims for people over age fifty bring additional complications, I particularly seek out those cases to work on. I regularly write about back and spine conditions on my blog. I actively seek out the latest information about orthopedic and neurological disorders to ensure I can represent my clients as effectively as possible. Because of my current focus, I regret that I am not able to take any cases for mental disorders. If you are over age fifty and suffer from any orthopedic or neurological disorder, please contact me at once.


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

About Our Firm


John Kuhnlein has been assisting people with Social Security disability claims for the past 20 years.

Free Consultation

Feel free to call with any questions or concerns you have about Social Security disability. I never charge for a consultation. In fact, there is no charge at all until we win your case. Unlike most lawyers, I never charge extra for things like telephone calls or making copies.